It is important to consider what the Triple E Framework looks like when evaluating a lesson plan. Below are is one scenario that is evaluated based on the Triple E Framework.
Case Study: Qrcodes for Discussion
- Students will be able to participate in a book club discussion around a shared reading novel.
- Students will be active in the conversation, sharing and commenting on their peer's ideas
- Students will be able to draw evidence from the novel to support their claims in the discussion
- Student's own cell phones and a QRcode scanner on phone.
- Students will have already read the novel prior to the book club discussion.
- Studnets will be placed in groups of 4 or 5.
- Students will have a handful of QRcodes in the middle of the table (the QRcodes will be generated by the teacher prior to the discussion, each QRcode will have a unique question for discussion).
- Each student will take a turn using their phone to scan a QRcode, when the question appears on their phone, all the students will discuss the question.
- The student who scanned the code will lead the discussion by answering the question first.
- Each student is expected to comment on and answer each question.
- Each student is expected to use evidence from the novel to support their views or positions.
Measuring and Interpreting how well case meets criteria for Triple E Framework